Compression Utima Ulcer Stockings is a 2-layer system providing 40cm pressure at the ankle thereby accelerating the wound healing process. A venous leg ulcer is one of the most serious results of the progression of chronic venous insufficiency. Venous ulcers tend to recur and are difficult to heal
- Compression therapy works by applying controlled pressure to the surface veins, keeping their diameter small and forcing blood back into the deep vein system which in turn pushes the blood uphill towards the heart.
- Improved blood flow aids in the healing of active ulcers and in preventing ulcer recurrences.
About This Item
How do compression socks help ulcers?
- Compression therapy is an important part of treatment for venous leg ulcers, alongside the latest wound care options such as the Cutimed product range. Wearing compression bandages or compression stockings improves the ability of the blood to flow towards the heart and significantly increases the chances of healing.
How does compression therapy help venous leg ulcers to heal?
- Compression therapy works by applying controlled pressure to the surface veins, keeping their diameter small and forcing blood back into the deep vein system which in turn pushes the blood uphill towards the heart. Improved blood flow aids in the healing of active ulcers and in preventing ulcer recurrences.
- Lymphoedema sleeves are required post-mastectomy if the lymphatic nodes have been removed.
- Lymphoedema is a build-up of lymph in the fatty tissues under the skin.
- This leads to swelling in the arms.
- Secondary lymphoedema is seen in cancer patients where lymph nodes are removed along with the tumour.
- Boosting circulation in the legs.
- Decreasing swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Improving lymphatic drainage.
- Managing orthostatic hypotension, or low blood pressure when you stand up after a period of sitting down.
- Preventing blood from pooling in the leg veins.
Included Compression Garment
- Varicose Vein Stockings Class 1 AD
- Varicose Vein Stockings Class 1 AF
- Varicose Vein Stockings Class 1 AG
- Anti Embolism stockings AD (DVT)
- Anti Embolism stockings AG (DVT)
- Stoma Belt
- Abdominal Corset (Sego 4 Panel)
- Maternity Corset sleeve
- Utima Ulcer Stockings
Specification For This Product Family
|Special Features||Lymphoedema Sleeve|
|Size||S/M/L/XL (Measurement chart shown below)|
|Specific Use of Product||Compression Garment|
|Model Name||Saket Utima Ulcer Stockings|