An ankle brace is a garment that is worn around the ankle to protect it or for immobilization while allowing it to heal from sprains and other minor injuries.
- Ankle braces are used to immobilize the joint while providing heat and compression to the bones.
- They are common in injury rehabilitation processes that affect the ankle, being made of rigid fabric such nylon and neoprene that allow limited mobility of the foot and conform to the ankle by a hook and loop fastener.
- To ensure its fixation, the foot portion may include metal pieces.
- In severe cases, they incorporate metallic plates to better immobilize the joint.
- Ankle braces may not be adequate in treating more severe sprains and ankle injuries.
There are no reviews yet.